Record the circumstances of your life at this time in factual terms, according to these 7 categories:
1. Physical. Health, exercise and diet.
2. Mental. Social involvements, financial well-being.
3. Emotional. Home, family, love and joy.
4. Growth. Work, challenges, examinations.
5. Vision. Goals, purpose, intentions.
6. Learning. Spirituality, philosophy, conscience.
7. Freedom. Faith, adventure, joie de vivre.
A major interference with our development arises because of silliness and false appraisal. It is very important to ground our feelings and ideas by taking stock occasionally, perhaps monthly. In this exercise, we focus on facts and we dispel certain areas of delusion. When it is done regularly and frequently, it offers an excellent system of self-appraisal by which we can measure how well we are progressing.