Uranus Retrograde in Aries and Uranus Transit into Taurus
Yet possibly the most terrible example of rebelliousness was the shocking emergence of the Islamic State and its rapid ascendancy. It took Al Qaeda’s agenda to a whole new level, making enemies not only of the West but also of the moderate majority of Islam. However, it tried to punch above its weight when it took on Syria and therefore, with others, Russia. In Syria, Russia has found its role once again as a fearsome power, which it had lost in the 1980s.
China has stealthily claimed a strong place and now, for the first time, is able to be taken seriously as a longer term threat to American supremacy. Its technological focus is also a feature of Uranus. If reports are to be believed, there are plans to light the streets of Beijing with a man-made laser beam in space whose brightness is five times that of the Moon. They have also cloned monkeys. Elsewhere human microchip implants are no longer the fantasy of a sci fi writer. Their Belt and Road initiative is Taurus-like however; their time is coming now.
In summary, through technology and rebellion, Uranus has expressed itself very aggressively during its time in Aries, triggering violent crackdowns and making the world a much more dangerous place than a decade ago.
We can expect more energy and attention channelled into money, trade and corporations rather than bullets perhaps – but sadly, in Taurus Uranus is almost certain to disrupt the status quo and suddenly move wealth around. Economic collapse is one of the principle contributors to instability and therefore the resultant conflict.
There was also the start of the major trade war with China. USA may find itself unable to win such a war, and in the end major military wars are decided on who has won the trade wars and can command the most resources. (We remember the Boston Tea Party, a trade war at first that led to a real one, and the Opium wars between UK and China)
Uranus in Taurus Main Course
Uranus enters Taurus for keeps on 6 March 2019, and will be there until 2025; during this period we expect to see manifestations of Uranus acting through Taurus, so keywords such as 'discovery', 'rebellion', and 'reforms' which relate to Uranus will be combined with those related to Taurus - 'money', 'land', 'banks', 'matter', 'possession', 'ownership'.
Although we might like to see Uranus act rather dramatically immediately upon its ingress, it does not always do so. Also we cannot see how small things lead to big changes, so even if something major has already happened we may not think it important until history shows us.
Uranus in Taurus History
1) The worst year of the Great Depression
2) The 'Dust Bowl' economic catastrophe
3) F D Roosevelt's economic reforms - the 'New Deal'
4) To pay for arms, Britain's gold reserves were required to be deposited into America’s newly created Fort Knox - the wealth of the world's greatest empire transferred to another country almost overnight.
5) Manhattan Project brings in the Nuclear Age (splitting matter itself - what could be a more telling image for Uranus in Taurus!)
6) Long March of Mao and Night of Long Knives of Hitler bring dictators to power to mark the seeds of a great Game of Thrones which changed who owned the gold and possessed the land for generations to come.
How did the US end up owning half of the World's gold reserves by the end of WWII?
1) Abolitionists got going in the USA...leading to a war that divided a continent and moved vast wealth from South to North
2) There was a gold rush in Australia
3) Europe suffered widespread economic crises
4) Technological developments gave the ability to cross oceans and continents with railways and steamships, changing world trade completely and forever.
1) China opens ports to trade with West
2) British East India Trading Co opens trade with India and becomes the dominant economic world force until USA takes over
3) Newton's Principia published - foundation of modern science, great revolution of physics, without which space travel (overcoming gravity) would be unthinkable - and practically all else in technology that we take for granted now.
1599 - 1607
1) Queen Elizabeth 1 reign ends (Will that of Queen Elizabeth 2?)
2) Gunpowder Plot - Plot to blow up the government of the world's richest empire
3) Settling of Jamestown, Virginia (Nobody could imagine where that would take us)
Uranus Transits in Taurus
The pattern is very clear; it is one of big shifts occurring in the field of money and land in such a way as to redefine the relationships between power-possessors. The combination of fiery Uranus and solid-state Taurus is devastatingly powerful in a way that truly makes its mark in the history books.
What seems very clear from the historical evidence of previous periods of Uranus transiting through Taurus is that international trade is often subjected to large scale unexpected shifts. I am interested to look beneath the surface of this, triggered by Jena's comment that we re-look at values when Taurus is transited.
Taurus is a no-nonsense sign especially when it comes to defending its core values of security and freedom, which it sees as invested in things that bring security and whose absence brings a feeling of insecurity - money, land and possessions. By extension this means food to eat and solid ground beneath the feet. It also implies freedom from oppression since oppressors threaten these fundamental life needs.
Uranus in Taurus The Common Thread
A common thread emerges when we consider previous comments about Uranus in Taurus times, both contemporary and historical - whether volcanoes, fascism, trade wars or imperialist monopolies - that basic human rights are in danger of violation through the threat to fundamentals: food and freedom.
The Great Depression, which led to terrible poverty and mass starvation, set the stage for war – as indeed did the reparations after WW1 that led to depriving Germany of its all-important income from coal, and the deeply unsettling hyper-inflation that resulted from this, and therefore the readiness of a people to submit more easily to fascism rather than to poverty and shame. The triggers were economic – the Wall Street crash and the confiscation of the Ruhr coalfields were both expressions of greed and pride.
The long-suffering patient bull will put up with almost any unpleasantness, but try taking away its food supply or invading its secure domain! All we need is Uranus to shock it out of its complacent reverie and you have the recipe for violent eruption. The once-in-a-lifetime rage of an angry bull is to be avoided at all costs. We might well see blind rage against the 'System' acted out as the hungry and dispossessed lose control and revert to their herd instinct mentality. If so the only thing to do is to get out of the way and hide, as some people are currently learning in France this very week.